Programmes for 2015
Workshops, Symposia, Conferences, Brainstorming Sessions etc.
- XII Agricultural Science Congress on Sustainable Livelihood Security for Smallholder Farmers: XII Agricultural Science Congress (XII ASC-2015) under the aegis of NAAS in collaboration with Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) was organised at National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal, Haryana during February 3-6, 2015. The theme of the XII ASC was “Sustainable Livelihood Security for Smallholder Farmers”, with an objective of promoting a vibrant platform for discussing and exchanging views on contemporary topics in Indian Agriculture like the Crop and Vegetable Production, Animal Production Systems, Fisheries Technologies and related Social Science issues. The Congress was attended by over 1700 participants representing the Faculty & Students from 42 SAUs and 9 Traditional Universities, 32 ICAR Institutes, 600 Farmers, KVKs, ZPDs, NGOs, the World Bank, banking institutions and policy makers from State and Central departments. The international representation included ILRI, CIMMYT, Michigan State University (USA), IFPRI, BISA, Polish Academy of Sciences.
- Special Lecture: Science of Cow Mega-bodies (Mega-antibodies) for Better Human Health by Dr. Azad Kumar Kaushik, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada on January 22, 2015
- Silver Jubilee National Symposia on Technology-Policy Integration for Pushing Livestock Sector Growth & Productivity (Convener: Dr. K.M. Bujarbaruah) held on January 12-13, 2015 at Guwahati. .
Silver Jubilee Events
- Essay Competition on Farming as My Profession was conducted among the Post-graducate students of SAUs, CAUs, and ICAR Deemed Universities during April-May 2015.
- Elocution Competition among the students of SAUs, CAUs, and ICAR Deemed Universities was held on June 2, 2015
- Silver Jubilee Panel Discussion on 25 Years of Achievements in Agricultural Sciences and Way Forward for 2030 held on June 3, 2015 under the chairmanship of Prof. M.S. Swaminathan.
- Inter Academy meeting was held on June 3, 2015 under the chairmanship of Dr. S. Ayyappan and Prof. Anupam Varma as the Convener
- Silver Jubilee Lecture on Sixty years of adventure in agricultural science by Prof. M.S. Swaminathan, Founder President, NAAS & Chairman, MSSRF
- Silver Jubilee Lecture on Demand-driven innovation in agriculture: Creating economic opportunity for smallholder farmers and nutritional security for consumers by Dr. David Bergvinson, DG, ICRISAT
- Silver Jubilee Lecture on Innovations in adaptation to climate change in dry-land agriculture by Dr. K.H.M. Siddique, Hackett Professor & Director, The UWA Institute of Agriculture, Australia
- NAAS Associates Panel Discussion on Views of Young Scientists on Research Challenges in the Changing Climate Scenario was held on June 4, 2015 under the chairmanship of Prof. Anupam Varma
- Scientific Presentations by Newly Elected Fellows held on June 4, 2015 under the chairmanship of Prof. Anupam Varma.
- Foundation Day Lecture on Structure of Indian Agriculture-Growth and Policy Epochs by Prof. Y.K. Alagh, Chancellor, Central University Gujarat
- Workshop on State of Indian Agriculture: Soil was held on August 21, 2015 at New Delhi (Convener: Dr. Himanshu Pathak)
- Meeting on Strategy for Future of GM Crops in India was held under the Chairmanship of Prof. M.S. Swaminathan on September 29, 2015 at New Delhi (Convener: Dr. K.V. Prabhu)
- Scientific discourse to commemorate the Golden Jubilee of Indian Green Revolution was organized jointly with ICAR and IARI on November 27, 2015
- Brainstorming Session on Role of Social Scientists in NARES was held on May 23, 2015 at New Delhi. (Convener: Dr. Mruthyunjaya)
- Brainstorming Session on Issues and Challenges in Shifting Cultivation and its Relevance in the Present Context was held on August 17, 2015 at New Delhi (Conveners: Dr K.M. Bujarbaruah and Dr U.C. Sharma)
- Brainstorming Session on Integration of Medicinal and Aromatic Crop Cultivation and Value Chain Management for Small Farmers was held on August 18, 2015 at New Delhi (Convener: Dr. A.K. Tripathi and Dr. E.V.S. Prakasa Rao, Co-Convener).
- Brainstorming Session on Augmenting Forage Resources in Rural India: Policy Issues and Strategies was held on September 8, 2015 in New Delhi (Convener: Dr. P.K. Ghosh)
- Brainstorming Session on Practical and Affordable Approaches for Precision Farming Equipment and Machinery was held on September 30, 2015 (Convener: Dr K.K. Singh, Co-conveners: Dr. S.R. Verma & Dr. G.S. Manes).
- Brainstorming Session on Practical and Affordable Approaches for Precision Farming Equipment and Machinery was held on October 17, 2015 at New Delhi (Convener: Dr. B.S. Dwivedi, Co-conveners: Dr. P.K. Chhonkar and Dr. R.K. Pathak).