Programmes for 2013
XI Agricultural Science Congress on Agricultural Education: Shaping India’s Future Convener: Prof. D.P. Ray, former Vice Chancellor, OUAT, Bhubaneswar and Co-Convener: Prof. K. Pradhan, former Vice Chancellor, OUAT, Bhubaneswar and RAU, Rajasthan under the aegis of National Academy of Agricultural Sciences, in collaboration with Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR), was organized at Orissa University of Agriculture and Technology, Bhubaneswar from February 7-9, 2013
Foundation Day Celebrations and Annual General Body Meeting was held on June 4-5, 2013 at New Delhi
Foundation Day Lecture on Landscape of Higher Education in India delivered by Prof. Ved Prakash, Chairman, University Grants Commission. Prof. R.K. Pachauri, Director General, TERI was the Guest of Honour at Foundation Day Lecture.
The first Dr. A.B. Joshi Memorial Lecture on The Challenging Agriculture in the Changing Times was delivered by Dr. Mangala Rai, Agriculture Advisor to Chief Minister of Bihar and former Secretary, DARE & Director General, Indian Council of Agriculture Research on June 4, 2013
- Improving Productivity of Rice Fallows (Convener: Dr. Masood Ali, Ex-Director, IIPR) was held on April 20, 2013 at New Delhi
- Nanotechnology in Agriculture: Scope and its Current Relevance was held on April 23, 2013 at New Delhi. (Convener: Dr. J.C. Tarafdar, ICAR National Fellow, CAZRI, Jodhpur)
- Sanitary & Phytosanitary (SPS) Measures in Fisheries (Convener: Dr. T.K. Srinivasa Gopal, Director, CIFT, Cochin) was held on June 27, 2013 at New Delhi
- Role of Endophytes in Agricultural Productivity (Convener: Dr. D.J. Bagyaraj, NASI Sr. Scientist Platinum Jubilee Fellow and Chairman, Centre for Natural Biological Resources & Community Development (CNBRCD), Bangalore) was held on July 5, 2013 at New Delhi.
- Bioinformatics in Agriculture: Way forward (Convener: Dr. D.P. Singh, Senior Scientist at NBAIM, Mau) was held on July 12, 2013 at New Delhi
- Role of Millets in Nutritional Security (Convener: Dr. Mahtab S. Bamji, INSA Honorary Scientist, Hyderabad) was held on October 19, 2013 at New Delhi
- Efficient Utilization of Phosphorus (Convener: Dr. A. Subba Rao, Director, IISS, Bhopal) was held on November 8, 2013 at New Delhi
- Choosing leaders in agri-research and methods of scientists’ recruitment and Talent Search in Agricultural Teaching, Research and Extension (Convener: Dr. C.D. Mayee, Former Chairman, ASRB) was held on November 11, 2013 at New Delhi
- Our Policies, priorities, development claims and ground reality - a relook and time for major corrections (Convener: Prof. Panjab Singh, President, Foundation for Advancement of Agriculture and Rural Development (FAARD), Varanasi and Former Secretary, DARE & DG, ICAR) was held on December 16, 2013 at New Delhi.
- Bio-drainage: An Eco-friendly Tool for Combating Water logging (Convener: Dr. S.K. Chaudhari, Head, Soil & Crop Management Division, CSSRI, Karnal) was held on December 19, 2013 at New Delhi
- Bio-Fuels to Power Indian Agriculture Convener: Dr. B.S. Pathak, Former Director, School of Energy Studies in Agriculture, PAU and Co-conveners: Prof. Anwar Alam, Secretary, NAAS and Prof. A.K. Jain, Dean, Central University of Punjab) was held on December 23, 2013 at New Delhi.
- Lecture by Dr. Ramesh Chand, Director, NCAPR, Delhi on Role and Affects of Agricultural Subsidies in India on February 1, 2013
- Lecture by Prof. Peter H. Revan, President Emeritus, Missouri Botanical Garden, USA on Prospects of GM Crops for Comprehensive Food and Environmental Security on February 4, 2013.