Scientific / Technical
1. The Convener may prepare a background paper and submit it to the NAAS Secretariat for circulation / putting up on the website of the Academy, inviting comments / suggestions of the Fellows/Associates.
2. The brainstorming must then internalize these inputs in framing a document with focus on content and outcome.
3. (a) The Convener(s) will submit a two page Executive Summary of the BSS within 7 days for inclusion in the NAAS News.
(b) He/she shall prepare the draft Policy Paper and submit it to the Academy invariably within a maximum period of one month. A few key issues may be flagged at the end for drawing the attention of the policy planners.
4. A list of the stakeholders to whom the Policy Paper would be useful and required to be sent by the Academy shall be enclosed alongwith the Policy Paper.
5. The output of all the Brainstorming Sessions may be published in to Policy Papers / Status and Strategy Paper / Synthesis Papers / Research Notes / Recommendations Papers depending upon the contents of each write-up.
5. The maximum number of participants may not exceed 30.
6. The final list of the participants shall be approved by the President.
7. The Brainstorming Session shall be for one day duration only.
8. The Brainstorming Sessions, if necessary, may also be organized outside NAAS Secretariat as per the convenience of the Convener.
9. There shall not be any poster session.
10. The President and in his/her absence, any other Office Bearer of the Academy shall chair the session.
11. Total budget to be provided by the Academy for organising the BSS may not ordinarily exceed Rs. 1.00 lakh of which not more than 50% would be used on TA/DA.
12. Preference may be given to the participants who are generally self-supporting, however, taking due care of the conflict of interest.
13. For those invitees not having any travel assistance the Academy shall provide financial support for their participation.
14. Travel support for air journey(s) shall be limited to the lowest economy class fare, as applicable, (Apex fare/discounted fare/senior citizen discounted fare) of any Airlines. The participants are expected to arrange their tickets soon after the invitation. They can also avail the Secretariat’s help, if needed.
15. For journey(s) by rail, actual expenditure shall be limited to AC II Tier.
16. Expenditure on road journey between places connected by rail shall be limited to AC II Tier fare.